OUTReels Diversity Education Program
What does OUTReels do?
We will bring LGBTQ films to your group/organization/classroom to stimulate discussion around queer issues.
• We can help to identify the LGBTQ educational issues that your community/classroom will benefit from.
• We will help determine a film that would stimulate discussion on that issue.
• We will provide the film, and all necessary equipment for the screening on a by-needs basis.
• We will work with you to program a post film discussion either with a guest speaker or a discussion facilitator if needed. Our goal is to ensure your learning objectives are achieved during the screening and subsequent discussion.
What Can You Do?
• Provide the venue for the screening and equipment if possible (We are able to provide screening equiptment if needed please just let us know.)
• Publicize the event, ensuring your group/organization knows about the screening.
• Liaise with the Outreach Coordinator on all other components of the screening.
Please note we are philosophically and ethically committed to paying film makers for their work, that said we are committed to making these works accesible to the community. As a result our screenings are avalible on a sliding scale fee.
For information about our films, and about hosting a screening, please contact James Demers at email@example.com